Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by dbruley <da...@corelinksolutions.com> on 2009/11/17 17:26:21 UTC

Re: Role Documentation for Continuum

Hello,

Thought I would follow-up on this older post to see if anyone might still be
able to assist.  Thought my origional subject heading specifying 1.2.3 may
have reduced responses.  Any documentation on roles even if it's in 1.3.x
would be appreciated.

Dug through the source a little and looks like Continuum is using Redback
for Role Management, so I read some of the Redback documentation.  Also
experimented more in Continuum with the different roles, so I think I have a
good enough idea to move forward.

Just always interested in making sure I'm using the features correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi Dave,

I'm not sure if you've already read this document already, but the Redback
docs for role management can be found here:

http://redback.codehaus.org/rbac/role-management.html

As for Continuum's documentation of its roles, I don't think there is one.
Your best bet is probably to look at the Redback descriptor itself, which is
located at the continuum-security module:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/tags/continuum-1.2.3/continuum-security/src/main/resources/META-INF/redback/

HTH,
Deng