Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Douglas WF Acheson <do...@bpsserver.com> on 2006/04/27 21:53:37 UTC

Unable to execute package on Repository Manager

Hello,

  I have downloaded the latest repository manager from svn.apache.org.
After the download, I tried to execute:
mvn package

But found out I needed maven-jar-plugin 2.1-SNAPSHOT. Got this and
installed it locally.  Ran clean and package on repository manager and
got this error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] 'sign' was specified in an execution, but not found in the plugin
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: 'sign' was
specified in an execution, but not found in the plugin
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindExecutionToLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1337)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindPluginToLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1238)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecycleMappings(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:982)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:453)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
        at
        at
        at
        at
[INFO]

I am not really sure what this is telling me.  Any help would be
great ...
Douglas WF Acheson

Re: Unable to execute package on Repository Manager

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@mergere.com>.
Hi Douglas,

Are you sure that you have the latest version of maven-jar-plugin in the
repository?
It seems that it cannot find the "sign" goal in the jar plugin that is
being executed in the repository manager.

Thanks,
Odea