Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Costa Basil <co...@yahoo.ca> on 2006/11/03 02:30:10 UTC

upgrade from 20060427 snapshot to shale 1.0.3

Hi:

Today I made the attempt to upgrade from the 27-apr-2006 snapshot to 1.0.3. Unfortunately I am having some problems that maybe someone can shed some light on.

I use backing beans for each page and my backing beans extend AbstractViewController. The backing beans are declared in the config files using the convention: <path>$<pageName>,  for instance:

test$testPage ->TestPageBackingBean

where I access the testPage through http://localhost:7001/myapp/faces/test/testPage.jsp

Now, the problem that I have is that the prerender method of the backing bean is not called, and it was called before when I used the snapshot.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thx

---------------------------------

Re: upgrade from 20060427 snapshot to shale 1.0.3

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 11/2/06, Costa Basil <co...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Sorry, one more thing to add, prerender doesn't seem to be called for
> session beans.

That would be the cause, then.  In 1.0.3 and onwards, the view controller
functionality is supported only for request scoped beans.  This was always
the design intent, but apparently it actually sort of worked in some cases
early on.  Now, it won't at all.

Craig