Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Aaron_Rustad <Aa...@epointinc.com> on 2000/12/08 19:17:36 UTC

Another JUnit Related Question....

I have been able to get JUnit to work with Ant....but the problem (I think)
I am having is that I can't execute the TestCase files in another
directory....this is what I have.

<project name="ePoint" basedir=".">
	<...Build stuff.....>

	<target name="tests">
		<junit printsummary="yes">
			<test name="tests.database.DataManagerTestCase"/>
		</junit>
	</target>

	<... other build stuff ...>
</project>

This is the resulting messages:

test:
    [junit] Running tests.database.DataManagerTestCase
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0 sec
    [junit] TEST tests.database.DataManagerTestCase FAILED

I believe the problem is that when I do a build I have it putting the src
files in ./build/ . the junit task doesn't seem to have a basedir attribute.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Aaron.

Re: Another JUnit Related Question....

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Aaron Rustad <Aa...@epointinc.com> wrote:

> I have been able to get JUnit to work with Ant....but the problem (I
> think) I am having is that I can't execute the TestCase files in
> another directory....this is what I have.

You cannot specify the directory the <junit> task is being run from,
right.

> This is the resulting messages:
>
> test:
>     [junit] Running tests.database.DataManagerTestCase
>     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0 sec
>     [junit] TEST tests.database.DataManagerTestCase FAILED

nothing more? No reason why the test failed?

> I believe the problem is that when I do a build I have it putting
> the src files in ./build/ .

Not easy to diagnose. Does <junit> find your class? What is the reason
for the error.

Stefan