Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <vi...@caravelatech.com> on 2009/01/27 14:42:53 UTC

Maven bundle plugin and dependencies

Hello there! I've assembled my project using the maven bundle plugin, but
when I run the bundle goal, I get an exception:

---
[INFO] Building parsers-api
[INFO]    task-segment: [org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:bundle]
[INFO]
[INFO] [bundle:bundle]
[ERROR] Error building bundle
org.openspotlight:parsers-api:bundle:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT : Unresolved references
to [org.osgi.framework, org.osgi.util.tracker] by class(es) on the
Bundle-Classpath[Jar:dot]:
[org/openspotlight/parsers/internal/Activator.class,
org/openspotlight/parsers/internal/ParserTracker.class]
[ERROR] Error(s) found in bundle configuration
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error(s) found in bundle configuration

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jan 27 10:58:29 BRST 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 10M/23M
[INFO]
Here's my pom.xml

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>org.openspotlight</groupId>
  <artifactId>parsers-api</artifactId>
  <packaging>bundle</packaging>
  <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>parsers-api</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
        <artifactId>org.osgi.core</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
           <artifactId>org.osgi.compendium</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.0</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
  <build>
      <plugins>
          <plugin>
              <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
              <extensions>true</extensions>
              <configuration>
                  <instructions>

<Export-Package>org.openspotlight.parsers</Export-Package>

<Import-Package>org.openspotlight.graph</Import-Package>

<Bundle-SymbolicName>${pom.artifactId}</Bundle-SymbolicName>

<Private-Package>org.openspotlight.parsers.*</Private-Package>
                  </instructions>
              </configuration>
          </plugin>
      </plugins>
  </build>

</project>

I've followed the instructions at felix site documentation.

Regards

Re: Maven bundle plugin and dependencies

Posted by Vinicius Carvalho <vi...@caravelatech.com>.
Thanks once again, bundles are fine now :)

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> >  </dependencies>
> >  <build>
> >      <plugins>
> >          <plugin>
> >              <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
> >              <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>
> >              <extensions>true</extensions>
> >              <configuration>
> >                  <instructions>
> >
> > <Export-Package>org.openspotlight.parsers</Export-Package>
> >
> > <Import-Package>org.openspotlight.graph</Import-Package>
> >
> > <Bundle-SymbolicName>${pom.artifactId}</Bundle-SymbolicName>
> >
> > <Private-Package>org.openspotlight.parsers.*</Private-Package>
> >                  </instructions>
> >              </configuration>
> >          </plugin>
> >      </plugins>
> >  </build>
> >
> > </project>
> >
> > I've followed the instructions at felix site documentation.

Cheers, Stuart

Re: Maven bundle plugin and dependencies

Posted by Vinicius Carvalho <vi...@caravelatech.com>.
Yeah, my bad sorry :)

Posted by Guillaume Sauthier <Gu...@objectweb.org>.

Posted by Vinicius Carvalho <vi...@caravelatech.com>.
Thanks all. bundle working now :)

Posted by Peter Kriens <pe...@aqute.biz>.

Posted by Martin Thelian <Ma...@gmx.at>.

Posted by Vinicius Carvalho <vi...@caravelatech.com>.

Posted by Martin Thelian <Ma...@gmx.at>.
You need to add import statements for "org.osgi.framework" and
"org.osgi.util.tracker" into the Import-Package tag, e.g.
> <Import-Package>
>    org.openspotlight.graph,
>    org.osgi.framework,
>    org.osgi.util.tracker