Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Patrick Moore <pa...@amplafi.com> on 2007/11/14 20:35:16 UTC

T4: extracting out static files...

Hi there --

I would like to reduce the load on my tapestry server by having static files
(such as dojo) be served by an external server.

In my case I am thinking about amazon's s3 service.

In order for this to work well, we need to :

   1. have all static files served by a separate subdomain. (i.e.
   static.amplafi.net)
   2. have tapestry generate the correct references to the static
   subdomain
   3. have a way to extract all static content from the tapestry
   distribution easily so keeping up with the 4.1.-SNAPSHOT builds is not
   difficult.
   4. ??

Has anyone else attempted to do this ?

Any other issues I need to be aware of?

I believe that an md5 hash is added to the static path generated and I would
like to preserve that functionality if I can.

Being able to do this separation seems like an obvious way to make the
webserver dollars go further. So I hope someone else has already attempted
this..

TIA

-Pat Moore