Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2012/07/03 03:33:24 UTC

Opportunity at O’Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON)

Apache will be hosting a series of events in the two days prior to
OSCON, the 16th and 17th of July.  These events are a unique
opportunity to engage new participants and build awareness for
CloudStack.

The goal is to provide an environment where newcomers and veteran
Apache contributors alike can learn, collaborate and engage with the
various Apache communities.  To support this, the Conference Committee
(ConCom) is planning to use a mixture of bar camp, hackathon and other
‘unconference’ style tools to facilitate engagement at all levels;
from hands on coding to high-level overview talks.

As the events are exactly two weeks away, we are asking that any of
our community members who will be at OSCON and are interested in
helping grow CloudStack, work with us and ConCom to organize our
presence during the two days.

ConCom will be preparing a section of their site and wiki to help
advertise and coordinate the event.  They have asked all interested
projects to prepare a patch for their site with details of the project
and what the project will be doing during the events (overview talks,
hacking sessions, etc).  We would highlight {IMPORTANT PROJECT
DETAILS}.

Currently, they have organized the two days into the following four
blocks of related projects:

Monday:
Social & Widgets
Big Data & Content

Tuesday
Cloud  & Web Infrastructure
Programming & Productivity

Please reply to this e-mail if you are interested in helping
coordinate CloudStack’s presence at OSCON.  We will work with
ConCom to coordinate the next steps.

Thank you in advance,
David Nalley - on behalf of
The CloudStack PPMC

Re: Opportunity at O’Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON)

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 09:33:24PM -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> Please reply to this e-mail if you are interested in helping
> coordinate CloudStack’s presence at OSCON.  We will work with
> ConCom to coordinate the next steps.

I'll raise a hand, here.

Best,

Joe