Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2008/11/03 03:25:55 UTC

[VOTE] Graduation

After making sure we have cleared the last set of issues brought up for
Graduation on the PPMC list, I am starting
a vote to see if we are comfortable to try for graduation.

For more information on the process, and criteria see:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html

This vote will serve as our community graduation vote. As we have been
through this process before and have
updated the resolution, if this vote passes we should be able to move to
IPMC comments and then IPMC vote.

[+1]
[0]
[-1]

regards
Carl.

http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/project-status.html

Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software related to distributed messaging,
for distribution at no charge to the public.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Qpid Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Qpid Project be and hereby is
related to distributed messaging; a multiple language
implementation providing daemons and APIs for publish &
subscribe, eventing and a wide range of message distribution patterns
based on the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) and
related technologies such as (transaction management, federation,
security, management); and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Qpid" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at
the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
Apache Qpid Project, and to have primary responsibility for
management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
of the Apache Qpid Project; and be it further

Apache Qpid Project:

    * Aidan Skinner
    * Alan Conway
    * Arnaud Simon
    * Andrew Stitcher
    * Carl Trieloff
    * Criag Russell
    * Gordon Sim
    * John O'Hara
    * Kim van der Riet
    * Lahiru Gunathilake
    * Marnie McCormack
    * Martin Ritchie
    * Manuel Teira
    * Paul Fremantle
    * Nuno Santos
    * Rafael Schloming
    * Rajith Attapattu
    * Robert Greig
    * Robert Godfrey
    * Rupert Smith
    * Steve Huston
    * Yoav Shapira

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that
Carl Trieloff be appointed to the office of Vice President,
Qpid, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Qpid
encumbered upon the Apache Incubator be hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduation

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Graduation

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> After making sure we have cleared the last set of issues brought up for
> Graduation on the PPMC list, I am starting
> a vote to see if we are comfortable to try for graduation.
> For more information on the process, and criteria see:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
>
> This vote will serve as our community graduation vote. As we have been
> through this process before and have
> updated the resolution, if this vote passes we should be able to move to
> IPMC comments and then IPMC vote.
>
> [+1]

Yoav

Re: [VOTE] Graduation

Posted by John O'Hara <jo...@gmail.com>.
Qpid has proved staying power and the ability to both grow and diversify and
also to push Qpid forwards on several platforms.
Qpid has also demonstrated that it can exercise influence over the AMQP
protocol itself, which was something of a concern in the early days.

+1 for graduation.

JOH

Re: [VOTE] Graduation

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

RG

Re: [VOTE] Graduation

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Graduation

Posted by Nuno Santos <ns...@redhat.com>.
Carl Trieloff wrote:
> This vote will serve as our community graduation vote.

+1

Nuno

Re: [VOTE] Graduation

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> This vote will serve as our community graduation vote. As we have been
> through this process before and have
> updated the resolution, if this vote passes we should be able to move to
> IPMC comments and then IPMC vote.
>
> [+1]
> [0]
> [-1]

+1

Sorry for the belated nature, I'm on holiday just now.

- Aidan

http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt

Re: [VOTE] Graduation

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Graduation

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
We have worked on the community aspect a lot more than last time and have
improved diversity.
+1 for graduation.

Regards,

Rajith

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Arnaud Simon <as...@redhat.com> wrote:

> > After making sure we have cleared the last set of issues brought up
> > for
> > Graduation on the PPMC list, I am starting
> > a vote to see if we are comfortable to try for graduation.
> >
> > For more information on the process, and criteria see:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
> >
> > This vote will serve as our community graduation vote. As we have been
> >
> > through this process before and have
> > updated the resolution, if this vote passes we should be able to move
> > IPMC comments and then IPMC vote.
>
> I believe we are indeed ready for graduation:
>
> +1
>
> Arnaud

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat