Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by RAPPAZ Francois <fr...@unifr.ch> on 2009/10/28 15:40:37 UTC

ij run and utf8 file

I have a file with sql commands: The file is encoded in utf8. I have put "derby.ui.codeset=utf8" in my derby.properties file in the derby system directory.
When I load ij with
U:\docs\jprog\derby>java -jar %DERBY_HOME%/lib/derbyrun.jar ij -p ij.properties

And try to run the command in my file, I get
ij> ´╗┐insert into authors (name1, name2, data) values ('Abarca', 'Carolina', 'Abarca, Carolina 2');
ERREUR 42X02 : Lexical error at line 1, column 2.  Encountered: "\u00bb" (187),
after : "".

Any idea what I'm missing ?

Thanks
François

RE: ij run and utf8 file

Posted by RAPPAZ Francois <fr...@unifr.ch>.
Thanks a lot ! that was it: with the "derby.ui.codeset=utf8" line in ij.properties file, the sql commands were done without problem.

François

Re: ij run and utf8 file

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.

RE: ij run and utf8 file

Posted by RAPPAZ Francois <fr...@unifr.ch>.
That the BOM add by notepad, the things to do was putting the codeset properties in the ij.properties file as suggested by Knut
François

Re: ij run and utf8 file

Posted by "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Be...@Sun.COM>.