Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Kurt Kellner <ku...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/21 05:06:07 UTC

MacOS command key map to control key

First, congratulations to the Guacamole team for v1.0.  The clipboard
integration with Chrome browser works great.

Most of my users are on MacOS using Chrome connecting to Windows through
Guacamole / rdp.   Although coping local text from MacOS via Command-c and
pasting in Guacamole to Windows via Control-v works perfectly, muscle
memory is hard to break -- meaning I would like to map command-v/command-c
from client to translate to control-v/control-c when entered on
Chrome/Guacamole.

I know there are ways to do this translation on MacOS (at the OS level)
itself, but I'm looking for a way to do this translation in Guacamole when
the Command key is used on browser/Guacamole so that each of my users do
not have to modify OS level translations.  Is there a way to do this type
of translation in Guacamole?

The end result would be that Control and Command would have the same
meaning in Guacamole.    Basically map command modifier into control
modifier.