Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Fan Jiang <dc...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/09 20:09:38 UTC

Does Storm cache topologies somewhere?

Hi everyone,

I ran in a problem when attempting to modify a topology, which was
submitted before. When I modified the topology code and submitted the jar
file to the cluster, the modification cannot be reflected - the cluster
still ran the old topology. However, if I modified both the class name and
the code, e.g. from WordCountTopology to WordTopology, the cluster would be
able to run the updated topology.

I checked Maven at my local and it worked correctly. It seems that the old
topology has been cached and indexed with main class name, so every time if
you submit a new topology with the name of an old one, it retrieves the old
one and uploads it to the cluster for execution. Did you get similar
problem before? Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you!

--
Sincerely,
Fan Jiang