Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Stuart Findlay <st...@cp.net> on 2007/09/10 10:20:44 UTC

A question of efficiency

Hi all

I'm looking for some answers and opinions in relation to using BeanShell
functions and the efficiency of JMeter scripts calling them.

I'm load testing a calendar application and need to generate and
manipulate random dates in the iCal DTSTAMP format i.e. 20070910T090800Z
for the time of writing this mail.

I found that for some of the more complex operations such as generating
random dates within a given timeframe and then adding hours, days or
weeks onto these it was very cumbersome to do this using JMeter alone so
I settled on BeanShell functions using the Calendar class to manipulate
dates and the following functions to