Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by raj <ra...@clarologic.com> on 2001/11/14 15:27:45 UTC

Catalina & Apache on different machines

I am trying to set up Apache and Catalina so that they run on different
machine.

In my Apache httpd.conf, I have

WebAppConnection conn        warp    <ip of machine running catalina>:8008
WebAppDeploy     foobar      conn    /foobar

This httpd.conf also has a VirtualHost defined (www.domainame.org)

In my server.xml (for Catalina) I have:

  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
    <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
     name="Apache"  defaultHost="<ip of machine running apache>"
debug="0" appBase="webapps">

Obviously with just these two set, I cannot get the connection to work.

I get the following when I run my servlet as:
http://www.domainame.org/foobar/servlet/foo

returns as

http://linux.local/foobar/LoginForm.jsp

What is the "obvious" bit that is missing?

Cheers
-raj

Re: Catalina & Apache on different machines

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 14/11/2001 02:27 pm, "raj" <ra...@clarologic.com> wrote:

> I am trying to set up Apache and Catalina so that they run on different
> machine.
>
> In my Apache httpd.conf, I have
>
> WebAppConnection conn        warp    <ip of machine running catalina>:8008
> WebAppDeploy     foobar      conn    /foobar
>
> This httpd.conf also has a VirtualHost defined (www.domainame.org)
>

> In my server.xml (for Catalina) I have:
>
> <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
>   <Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
>    name="Apache"  defaultHost="<ip of machine running apache>"
> debug="0" appBase="webapps">
>

> Obviously with just these two set, I cannot get the connection to work.
>
> I get the following when I run my servlet as:
> http://www.domainame.org/foobar/servlet/foo
>
> returns as
>
> http://linux.local/foobar/LoginForm.jsp
>
> What is the "obvious" bit that is missing?

Remove that "defaultHost" thing in your Engine...

    Pier