Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2017/01/12 23:08:46 UTC

Re: What else do we want to do before 8.0.0 final ?

Hi,

@Sven: have you started migrating your app ?

@Pedro: any idea when you will have time to finish your improvements? Do
you need any help ?

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi Andrea,

my bad, this project here still uses the predecessor o_O

I'll switch to wicketstuff-select2 now.

Thanks
Sven

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sven,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: What else do we want to do before 8.0.0 final ?

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi Martin,

yes, I gave it a shot this week:

 From 6.x to 8.x in one step with ~400 compile errors, mainly related to

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

great to hear and thanks for the feedback. :-)

kind regards

Tobias

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.
Sure, working on it. Created WICKET-6318 to track the configurable
property resolver implementation.
Pedro Santos

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Pedro,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sven,

> PropertyResolver is very lenient currently, defining the dot (.) as a separator of properties only - there's not much more about it.

There is. Take the expression "a.b.c", there's no guarantee Wicket's
tokenizer will break it only by dots. A custom IPropertyLocator
currently has to handle possible scenarios where the tokens are "a.b"
+ "c" or "a" + "b.c". Plus there's a dot escaping logic that won't
allow a user to express a map value if its key contains a closing
bracket followed by a dot; as explained in WICKET-6247 and a possible
solution being Wicket's expression language syntax change proposed  in
[1].

You and Martin have a good point saying the architecture should be
pluggable or configurable. Both use cases you pointed should be able
to be supported by a custom implementation of a pluggable property
resolver, and not as a one more complexity in an already tangled and
all purpose resolver as PropertyResolver has grown to be. Rather than
to open PropertyResolver to custom IPropertyLocator implementations,
we should open the Application to custom PropertyResolver
implementations. So even an expression language that is not as unique
as Wicket's one would have it's place.

> Both are no longer valid with your proposal, because they are no valid Java syntax or "unified EL".

The parser aims to be the default implementation offering early and
meaningful syntax errors plus offering the resolver a structured
syntax tree to work on. I invite the team to read
DefaultPropertyLocator's implementation to get the importance of it.
The parser wasn't meant to invalidate any other syntax and I would
support the choice to have a configurable resolver implementation in
the Application rather the current complex all purpose and
configurable resolver that only work for very specific dot tokenizer
logic.

> I don't understand (yet) what advantage justifies this restriction. For me a pluggable architecture is more valuable than a strict syntax.

Sure, my point is let's make the it pluggable in a better place and
the default resolver to be a simpler syntax closer to the standard
JSR-341.

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi Pedro,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Pedro,

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Pedro,

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I would like to add Sub Resource Integrity [1] to HeaderItems, similar
to what getbootstrap.com advocates on their links. For URL based
resource references this would mean an API addition, but for classpath
based resources we could generate the hashes ourselves.

<link rel="stylesheet"
href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/css/bootstrap.min.css"
integrity="sha384-BVYiiSIFeK1dGmJRAkycuHAHRg32OmUcww7on3RYdg4Va+PmSTsz/K68vbdEjh4u"
crossorigin="anonymous">

<!-- Optional theme -->
<link rel="stylesheet"
href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/css/bootstrap-theme.min.css"
integrity="sha384-rHyoN1iRsVXV4nD0JutlnGaslCJuC7uwjduW9SVrLvRYooPp2bWYgmgJQIXwl/Sp"
crossorigin="anonymous">

<!-- Latest compiled and minified JavaScript -->
<script src="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/js/bootstrap.min.js"
integrity="sha384-Tc5IQib027qvyjSMfHjOMaLkfuWVxZxUPnCJA7l2mCWNIpG9mGCD8wGNIcPD7Txa"
crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

Martijn

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/SRI/

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.