Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Villu Ruusmann <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/01 07:49:27 UTC

Re: pdfbox 1.0.0 regression

Hello there,

> Did you have time to investigate this issue yet? Anything I can do to
> help? We'd really like to upgrade our 0.8.0 dependency, but this issue
> is a blocker for us.

I haven't had time to investigate PDFBOX-634 yet. Hope to do so over
the next 2 to 3 days.

However, we have provided a fallback mechanism for "broken" CFF fonts
as PDFBOX-635, which has been incorporated into SVN trunk as revision
915854:

All things considered, if it's not too much trouble for you, I suggest
you to check out the latest PDFBox version (1.0.1-SNAPSHOT) from SVN
trunk and give it a try:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pdfbox/trunk

VR

Re: pdfbox 1.0.0 regression

Posted by Arjohn Kampman <ar...@aduna-software.com>.
Villu Ruusmann wrote:
> I haven't had time to investigate PDFBOX-634 yet. Hope to do so over
> the next 2 to 3 days.
>
> However, we have provided a fallback mechanism for "broken" CFF fonts
> as PDFBOX-635, which has been incorporated into SVN trunk as revision
> 915854:
>
> All things considered, if it's not too much trouble for you, I suggest
> you to check out the latest PDFBox version (1.0.1-SNAPSHOT) from SVN
> trunk and give it a try:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pdfbox/trunk

The trunk is working fine. It logs a warning but produces acceptable
results. Many thanks for this fallback mechanism.

Arjohn