Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Leon Oosterwijk <le...@daveramsey.com> on 2006/10/18 17:05:31 UTC

subversion cannot chmod on samba mounted ntfs partition

All,

I am trying to use a subversion repository on a samba share mounted with
smbmount to a linux (fedora) server. The linux server runs apache with
the subversion modules. When I try to commit I get this error:

svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: MERGE request failed on '(.....)'
svn: Can't chmod
'/mnt/subversion/repository/db/transactions/13608-1.txn/rev': Operation
not permitted

Obviously the chmod operation doesn't work on smbmounted shares. Is
there a solution to this or am I stuck?

Thanks,

Leon