Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kallin Nagelberg <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/28 17:42:22 UTC

deploy uploading with SCP freezes

I'm finding it impossible to upload files to a remote repository using the
deploy plugin.
I've setup a tunnel to the server and have all authentication setup
properly. I can ssh/scp through the tunnel with no problems, and the maven
deploy plugin will go so far as to create the directories required for
deployment of the new artifact.
However, when it gets to the point where it needs to upload a file, it just
freezes forever, with no error message. Has anyone encountered something
like the following before?

$ mvn deploy
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Something
[INFO]    task-segment: [deploy]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] No tests to run.
[INFO] [jar:jar]
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] Installing blahblahblah.jar
[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
altDeploymentRepository = null
[INFO] Retrieving previous build number from dev
[INFO] repository metadata for: 'snapshot group:artifact:1.0-SNAPSHOT' could
not be found on reposi
tory: somerepo, so will be created
Uploading: scpexe://localhost:9006/blahblahblah.jar

Re: deploy uploading with SCP freezes

Posted by Kallin Nagelberg <ka...@gmail.com>.
This is quite bizarre. I can deploy fine from the command shell now, but in
Cygwin it continues to freeze while uploading. Has anyone experienced these
problems with cygwin? It's a little troublesome, as much of my build scripts
are bash scripts, and so I sort of need cygwin to use them.

Posted by Kallin Nagelberg <ka...@gmail.com>.