Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ko...@laudio.info on 2008/10/20 14:28:06 UTC

My first question (maven and spring into one eclipse)

hello.

This is my first question into this list, i am new using maven. My name is
Miren.

I am (trying) using maven into eclipse.
I musto to build one java proyecto using spring (several modules (web,
webservices...)) and them must be integrated with maven.

For this pourpose i have create une maven proyect into my eclipse (using
the maven plugin).
now my firts question:
form create one (several) spring proyects when i create the maven proyect
which groupiod must i select ?
and for creatin one spring webservice proyect?

thanks and sorry for my bad english (i am spanish)

Re: can any body helps me for stating with maven? SOS

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
If you're using M2Eclipse, you can easily create a new project in
Eclipse that already has the correct Maven structure.  Select
File->New->"Project..." then Maven Project from the list.  Spring is
really just one of the components that you use in your project.  It
really doesn't affect anything about how the project is created.

There is probably no single correct way to do any of this.  If you need
some help getting started, look here...
http://www.sonatype.com/book/reference/simple-project.html#sect-create-simple

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.

Re: My first question (maven and spring into one eclipse)

Posted by Simone Gianni <si...@apache.org>.
Hola Miren,
I don't fully understand : do you already have the code of the projects
(and only need to import them inside eclipse) or are you writing new
projects?

In the first case, you should not create new maven projects, but instead
import them inside eclipse using the "Import" system, and then selecting
"Maven projects".

In the second case, the steps to create a maven project are as follows :
- Create a new maven project, as you did
- It will ask you to select an archetype. The archetype is an already
done basic project, useful to startup quickly. There are many
archetypes, depending on which kind of project you are going to build,
and there are many also for Spring, you should have a look searching on
google for "Spring Maven Archetype".
- Then it will ask you a group id and a artifact id. These ids are YOURS
group id and artifact id. Usually, your internet domain is used as a
group id. For example, projects here in apache uses
org.apache.projectname as group id. Artifact id is the name of the
"piece" you are currently creating, for example "webservices", or
"domain" etc..

Hope this helps explaining a bit the first steps,
Simone

koxkorrita@laudio.info wrote:
> hello.
>
> This is my first question into this list, i am new using maven. My name is
> Miren.
>
> I am (trying) using maven into eclipse.
> I musto to build one java proyecto using spring (several modules (web,
> webservices...)) and them must be integrated with maven.
>
> For this pourpose i have create une maven proyect into my eclipse (using
> the maven plugin).
> now my firts question:
> form create one (several) spring proyects when i create the maven proyect
> which groupiod must i select ?
> and for creatin one spring webservice proyect?
>

> thanks and sorry for my bad english (i am spanish)

Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer
MALE human being programming a computer   http://www.simonegianni.it/