Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Csaba Nemeth <cs...@yahoo.ca> on 2009/01/30 15:48:05 UTC

jsecurity under jdk14

Hello,

I am testing jsecurity for a project that is based on jdk14.
I was happy to see while the code is jdk15, it uses retroweaver for earlier jdks.

The only problem I found is that while the classes are jdk14 compatible, the api used is not.

For example, running a simple example under jdk14 uses the TextConfigurationRealm - which uses the java.util.Scanner - java 1.5 api.

Are there any plans on using 1.4 api only?
Is it still the plan that jsecurity is going to work under 1.4 and 1.3?

Thank you,
Csaba

Re: jsecurity under jdk14

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Sounds good - thanks!

Re: jsecurity under jdk14

Posted by Csaba Nemeth <cs...@yahoo.ca>.
I quickly tested the sample web application under tomcat 5.0.30 and java
1.4.2.

I had to make the following changes:

The configuration classes use 1.5 api class - java.util.Scanner, I had to
eliminate the use of this class.

The default cache manager - based on hashtable - didn't seem to work under
1.4 - while it works fine under 1.6 - I configured the application to use
EhCache.

The sample web application worked as expected after these changes.

I go ahead and raise a JIRA issue for the configuration classes that need to

Re: jsecurity under jdk14

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Csaba,

Re: jsecurity under jdk14