Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> on 2007/08/13 12:05:05 UTC

[DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report, August 2007

I was off for vacation and was (unexpectedly) completely offline for
the whole time ...so we got to get this sent to the board quickly -
sorry.

Please add your comments - I'll write it up nicely once we have all
input gathered.
--
Apache Commons Board Report, August 2007

Summary
=======

   o Move to TLP has been performed
   o Agreed on committer voting rules (-> it was an agreement - was it?)
   o Discussed non-java components (-> pragmatic approach: we deal
with the situation if it arises)

Releases
========

   None

Infrastructure
     - A simple logo has been put in place to fill the jakarta void
     - Few component sites still need to be re-generated

Community
=========
   o Agreed on committer voting rules (?)
     1. ask on private
     2. propose on private
     3. vote on private
     4. ask the prospect if he wants to join on dev list
     (-> at cocoon we do 2.-3. on the dev list which works out fine -
my 2 cents)
   o No new committers
   o No new PMC members

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: [DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report, August 2007

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 8/13/07, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/13/07, Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> wrote:

> > Community
> > =========
> >    o Agreed on committer voting rules (?)
> >      1. ask on private
> >      2. propose on private
> >      3. vote on private
> >      4. ask the prospect if he wants to join on dev list
> >      (-> at cocoon we do 2.-3. on the dev list which works out fine -
> > my 2 cents)
>
> Didn't think that was the agreement was it?

Retracted :) Consensus is that way.

* vote on private; invite new committer.

Hen

RE: [DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report, August 2007

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@Elsag-Solutions.com>.
Henri Yandell wrote on Monday, August 13, 2007 10:28 PM:

> On 8/13/07, Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I was off for vacation and was (unexpectedly) completely offline for
>> the whole time ...so we got to get this sent to the board quickly -
>> sorry.
>
> No rush - the meeting's been pushed back to the 29th.
>

>> Please add your comments - I'll write it up nicely once we have all
>> input gathered. --
>> Apache Commons Board Report, August 2007
>>
>> Summary
>> =======
>>
>>    o Move to TLP has been performed
>>    o Agreed on committer voting rules (-> it was an agreement - was
>>    it?) o Discussed non-java components (-> pragmatic approach: we
>> deal with the situation if it arises)
>>
>> Releases
>> ========
>>
>>    None
>
> BeanUtils did a beta release.

commons-parent was released and vote for commons-sandbox-parent is running

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 8/13/07, Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> wrote:

>      (-> at cocoon we do 2.-3. on the dev list which works out fine -
> my 2 cents)

I'll spend two cents more to second this...

--
"Besides, manipulating elections is under penalty of law, resulting in
a preventative effect against manipulating elections.

The german government justifying the use of electronic voting machines
and obviously  believing that we don't need a police, because all
illegal actions are forbidden.

http://dip.bundestag.de/btd/16/051/1605194.pdf

Re: [DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report, August 2007

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
Apache Commons Board Report, August 2007

Summary
=======

   o Move to TLP has been performed
   o Agreed on committer voting rules (voting in private, public invite)
   o Discussed non-java components (pragmatic approach: we deal with
the situation if it arises)

Releases
========

   o 04.08.2007 BeanUtils 1.8.0 BETA
      http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/
200708.mbox/%
3c55afdc850708040228i425bd317k26c27d1ee0dba2e0@mail.gmail.com%3e
   o 10.08.2007 Commons-parent 4 (maven POM)
      http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/
200708.mbox/%3c46BC8DAA.6050207@apache.org%3e
   o 15.08.2007 Commons-sandbox-parent 2 (maven POM)
      http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/
200708.mbox/%3c46C344EE.205@apache.org%3e

Infrastructure
     - A simple logo has been put in place to fill the jakarta void
     - Few component sites still need to be re-generated
   o Continuous Integration via Continuum on vmbuild1 available
      - http://vmbuild1.apache.org/continuum/groupSummary.action

Community
=========

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
Anything else? ...otherwise I'll send it through tomorrow.

cheers
--
Torsten

> --
> Apache Commons Board Report, August 2007
>
> Summary
> =======
>
>   o Move to TLP has been performed
>   o Agreed on committer voting rules (voting in private, public
> invite)
>   o Discussed non-java components (pragmatic approach: we deal with
> the situation if it arises)
>
> Releases
> ========

     o 04.08.2007 BeanUtils 1.8.0 BETA
       http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/
200708.mbox/%
3c55afdc850708040228i425bd317k26c27d1ee0dba2e0@mail.gmail.com%3e
     o 10.08.2007 Commons-parent 4 (maven POM)
       http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/
200708.mbox/%3c46BC8DAA.6050207@apache.org%3e
     o Commons-sandbox-parent 2 (maven POM)