Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org> on 2018/12/12 17:21:16 UTC

CONTRIBUTING.md first version

Hi Igniters,

Just to inform, the very first version of the Contribution step by step
guide was added to GitHub. It is one more entry point for newcomers to find
out what and how should be done to contribute:
https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#contributing-to-apache-ignite

Feel free to share with newcomers and contribute.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Re: CONTRIBUTING.md first version

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
I'll fix. There is an ignored files list.

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Sure,  I will do

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Petr Ivanov <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
The Github page looks like a shorter version of the main wiki page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute

Not sure we want to maintain both. If the wiki source is sluggish and
overloaded then I would rework it instead moving secondary stuff to
sub-pages. Think that the wiki needs the grooming regardless.

--
Denis

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
(the link "contributing guidelines" on the screenshot refers to CONTRIBUTING.md)

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin

Re: CONTRIBUTING.md first version