Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Eric Fowler <er...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/19 23:40:22 UTC

How to recover repository from working copy data

I have a situation in which I have lost my repository but have working
copies. Can I recover the repository? I am thinking of checkin history,
comments, and so forth. I have all the code.

Thanks

Eric

Re: How to recover repository from working copy data

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 19, 2010, at 18:40, Eric Fowler wrote:

> I have a situation in which I have lost my repository but have working copies. Can I recover the repository? I am thinking of checkin history, comments, and so forth. I have all the code.

No, that information is not stored in the working copy, only in the repository.

The best you can do now (assuming you had no backups of the repository that you could restore from) is to create a new empty repository and "svn import" your working copy into it. This of course won't have retained any of the files' history, commit messages, etc.