Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by venkatlakshmi <ve...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/06/29 13:55:27 UTC

NoClassDefFound Error for org/apache/log4j/Layout

Hi all,

I am using jakarta-log4j-1.2.8 in my java program to
log errors. When I compile the program it runs fine.
But when I execute it, it throws the following error

C:\VLakshmi\JCI\Equipment
Interface\Code\WEB-INF\classes>java JCI.XMLInterface
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Layo
ut
   at JCI.XMLInterface.<clinit>(XMLInterface.java:20)

It says that the class "Layout" is not found. But i
have included the log4j-1.2.8.jar in \lib. Kindly help
me to resolve this issue.

With regards,

Venkatlakshmi