Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Stefan Renz <s....@efonds.com> on 2013/02/12 11:47:46 UTC

Problem with InmethodGrid in IE

Hi,

since migrating to Wicket 6, we have problems with InmethodGrid when
rendering in IE (6 and 8).

Just rendering the page containing an InMethod grid causes IE to
complain about JavaScript: Inmethod.XTableManager.instance is either
null or not an object (translated, I only see a German message).

I created a quickstart to quickly demonstrate this behavior.

Has anyone encountered that as well and an idea on how to fix that?

Thanks, bye
    Stefan

Re: Problem with InmethodGrid in IE

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Ok. I will have a look and see what I can do.

Posted by Dan Simko <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Renz <s....@efonds.com>.
Hi Ernesto,

thanks for the fix -- the table renders OK now, no error anymore in the
JavaScript console.

However, using a CheckboxColumn to indicate selection state, and to
allow selection still yields an error in the Wicket Ajax console when
clicked:

INFO: focus removed from
INFO: focus set on checkbox4
ERROR: An error occurred while executing Ajax request:[object Error]
INFO: focus removed from checkbox4

Unfortunately, no more than that :-(

When clickToSelect and clickToDeselect are true, one can change the
selection at least by clicking on a cell, but the Checkbox also doesn't
work in that context.

That's with Wicket 6.5, wicketstuff master, same quickstart, IE 6 on Win XP.

There's also the checkbox in the column header missing to select all
records -- allowSelectMultiple is true, renders and behaves as expected
on Chrome/MacOS, but doesn't render on IE6/WinXP (but that's a minor
issue IMHO).

Bye
    Stefan

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.