Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de> on 2019/01/28 11:57:58 UTC

Cannot find the generated layer file

Hello,

there may be a bug related to annotation processors:
Created a NB module project (Maven, using JDK 8, release build 382 on Linux)

1. Usually there was a file "generated-layer.xml" when using NB
annotations - cannot find it now.
2. I'm getting problems related to bundle.properties, especially in one
folder where I've got a properties file (from a JPanel window) and a
Java file (from NbBundle.Message in a DataLoader).

AFAIK, both use annotation processors, so there might be a general
problem with those, or just different problems in different APs.

Kind regards

Peter

Re: Cannot find the generated layer file

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.
If I cannot isolate the issue, it might be necessary to provide some
environment (such as test userdir) - then it may be better to use a
pastebin and a zip file. But still I hope to be able to get some more
details next week-end.

P.

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.
The problems have been caused by the following annotation:

@TopComponent.OpenActionRegistration(
         displayName = "#CTL_CfgEdAction",
         preferredID = "CfgEdTopComponent"
)

As it seemed to cause problems having two components in the same package
using @NbBundle.Messages, I removed the annotation and moved the
corresponding message into Bundle.properties. While it does not cause
problems in the editor, for some unknown reason it causes problems with
Maven build structure. Even worse, annotation processing stops after an
exception is thrown (Bundle.properties not found), so also no
generated-layer.xml file is processed.

I've tried to work around the problem using this snippet in my POM, but
it failed to work for me:

             <plugin>
<artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
                 <version>3.1.0</version>
                 <executions>
                     <execution>
                         <id>pre-merge-properties</id>
                         <phase>initialize</phase>
                         <goals>
                             <goal>copy-resources</goal>
                         </goals>
                         <configuration>
<outputDirectory>target/classes</outputDirectory>
                             <resources>
                                 <resource>
                                     <includes>
<include>*.properties</include>
                                     </includes>
                                 </resource>
                             </resources>
                         </configuration>
                     </execution>
                 </executions>
             </plugin>

Does somebody have a better idea? Or did I just miss sth.?

Kind regards

Peter

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Peter Nabbefeld <pe...@gmx.de>.