Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marcial Rosales <ma...@spectel.com> on 2004/06/17 19:03:36 UTC

How to create an XMLFragment from an XSP?

	Hi all,

	The problem that I am trying to solve:
		My  application has several small components that required to be displayed in the user interface. The xml representation of these components ideally should be designed in an XSP for maximum flexibility. Nowadays, those components provide its XML representation through a hard-code implementation of the XMLFragment interface. I would like to define the content of those small XMLFragments in XSP.

	The obstacle I am finding is how to use the ServerPagesGenerator class. Whenever I need to obtain the XML representation of the component, I need to generate the XSP and running it to finally obtain the XML data. I have tried to use the ServerPagesGenerator without running Cocoon, but emulating Cocoon. My previous mail was related to this same problem.

	Is it really possible to use ServerPagesGenerator in standalone mode or I must have Cocoon runnning so that it provides my all the environment requested by the class ServerPagesGenerator.

	I apologuise for bothering again with the same problem.

	Marcial