Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Nadya Morozova <na...@googlemail.com> on 2008/03/05 16:11:03 UTC

Re: [general] Website updated

Hi Tim,
Thanks for updating the site. I thought I could also do a couple of updates,
and have several questions:

1. Do you think it'll make sense to add the link to JDocs to the  site map
and the class libs index page, which is a sub-sitemap for JCL specific docs?
2. The menu now says:
Documentation
- API
- Wiki
- HDK
- DRLVM
- Class Libraries
- Build-test framework
Can we change that to something like the following?
Documentation
- API Reference OR - Java API
- Wiki
- HDK page
- DRLVM index
- Class Libs index
What I mean is: are the current names too abrupt? Could we add short words
to clarify what kind of docs are under each link?

cheers, nadya

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Sian January <si...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I've just had a look and the page looks fine to me.
>
> We added an unpack200 command line tool in M5, and it's also the first
> milestone that has a working version of unpack200, although I won't claim
> that it's finished yet.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sian
>
> On 29/02/2008, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > FYI  it looks like most mirror sites have now picked up M5 [1] so I have
> > updated our website to point to M5 on the download page.
> >
> > Please take a moment to check it looks ok and then I'll archive M4
> builds.
> >
> > I also have written a brief news story, linked to the JDocs API website
> > (under documentation), and moved the site map link out from
> > 'Documentation' to 'General'.  I didn't update the RU pages.
> >
> > Any highlights to mention on the announce list for M5?
> >
> > [1] China is still updating by the looks of it, so apologies for any
> > broken links there at the moment
> >   http://apache.mirror.phpchina.com/harmony/milestones/M5/
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tim
> >

> --
> Unless stated otherwise above:
> 741598.

Cheers,
Nadya

Re: [general] Website updated

Posted by Nadya Morozova <na...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,
thanks for feedback.
I updated the sitemap and the JCL index page with the new link to JDocs, and
removed "HDK" from the nav pane.

As for your idea to restructure the menu a bit to give a set of docs for
starters and then details in another menu, it generally makes sense and I
think we have this partially done already in menu Development:

- Source code - OK
- Getting Started for Contributors - OK
- Project Roadmap - can go to General menu
- Resolution Guideline - do we need this here? if yes, can go to Community
menu
- Performance - ??
- API Reference  - missing

This way, Documentation menu will be for more detailed docs.
A side question: I'm trying to restore the Doxygen reference we used to have
for DRLVM (no longer part of site somehow, though the starting page is
there). Do you think we should add that to the menu? At least the link to
the bundle with external DRLVM interfaces that are mostly pretty well
documented.

what do you think?
Nadya

--