Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2018/11/09 12:41:02 UTC

[feature model] Designating a feature as 'complete'

Hi,

I am wondering if it makes sense to mark a feature as 'complete'. A
complete feature would be one that is expected to be launched
individually, e.g. needs to additions to function.

I would see the benefits mainly in tooling:

- a complete feature is self-contained, therefore all requirements must
be satisfied
- a non-complete feature may not be launched, so don't try to do that

Thoughts?

Robert

Re: [feature model] Designating a feature as 'complete'

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8100 and marked
it as a blocker for the next release

Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: [feature model] Designating a feature as 'complete'

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2018-11-09 at 13:12 +0000, David Bosschaert wrote:
> FWIW the current description of features vs 'complete features' in
> the OSGi
> RFP can be found in section 2.4 of [1].
>
> @Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> pretty much what you described
> :)