Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sachin Petkar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/14 12:28:34 UTC

"Error during model data update. "

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but being new to the game, I'd
like to find out what exactly is going on and how to fix the problem.

In my Tomcat based application I am using full HTML views and my form is
rendered correctly.  Via some logging output, I also see my managed bean (a
subclass of org.apache.shale.view.AbstractViewController) being initialized
as intended.  However, when I click on the "submit" button which invokes an
action method on my bean, I get the message "Error during model data update"
on the page and in the catalina.out log, I get "
org.apache.myfaces.el.VariableResolverImpl - Variable 'UNKNOWN' could not be
resolved."  multiple times (seemingly twice for each input textbox on the
page).  It looks the error is due to values not being set on the bean, but
my question is why is this happening and how do I fix it?   I've gone
through all the samples and matched my component definitions and code with
those, but cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sachin