Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by tison <wa...@gmail.com> on 2023/08/31 01:39:17 UTC

Best pratice for aggregator plugin

Hi,

I'm developing a Maven plugin to check files' license header with
aggregator=true because the backed functions are expected to work against
the root path of the whole project.

As stated in[1], I met an issue that although it works well if you
configure the plugin in the parent module and run the goal from the root
path. But what if you want to bind it with the VERIFY phase?

The plugin will be inherited into all of the children modules and they will
resolve relative path incorrectly.

I'd like to ask the Maven devs for best practices in this situation.

Best,
tison.

[1] https://github.com/korandoru/hawkeye/pull/96