Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Baty <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/03 14:37:13 UTC

Tomcat5.5 postgresql, security oh my

Hi all,
 I'm trying to get Tomcat5.5 working with Poestgresql.  I know I got
 everything configured right because if I turn Tomcat security off, in /
 etc/default/tomcat, everything works fine.  My site directory
 is at /usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/ROOT/myapp.  I want security on so
 this is my /etc/tomcat5.5/policy.d/02debian.policy file:

 // These permissions apply to all JARs from Debian packages
 grant codeBase "file:/usr/share/java/-" {
   permission java.security.AllPermission;

};

//Driver location
 grant codeBase "file:/usr/share/tomcat5.5/common/lib/-" {
   permission java.security.AllPermission;
 };

grant codeBase "file:/usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/ROOT/myapp/-" {
   permission java.security.AllPermission;
 };

grant codeBase "file:/usr/share/ant/lib/-" {
   permission java.security.AllPermission;
 };

It doesn't work so could someone tell me where I'm going as stray?
 Thanks.
 Chris

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

RE: Tomcat5.5 postgresql, security oh my

Posted by Peter Crowther <Pe...@melandra.com>.
Exactly which Tomcat version?
What "doesn't work"?  What error do you get, under what circumstances?

                - Peter