Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Martin Elkjær <ma...@elkjaer-it.dk> on 2010/03/03 08:42:29 UTC

Schedule JMS message

Hi,

I'm using the embedded ActiveMQ server to send jms messages, but now I have
a requirement to send scheduled messages. I've found this in the ActiveMQ
documentation:
http://activemq.apache.org/delay-and-schedule-message-delivery.html

This tells me that I need version 5.4, but the version shipped with OpenEJB
3.1.2 is only 4.1.1 - correct ?

So how can I achieve it ? I prefer to use the embedded version if
possible...

Best regards
Martin

Re: Schedule JMS message

Posted by Martin Elkjær <ma...@elkjaer-it.dk>.
Hi,

Thx for your answer.

Looking forward to 3.1.3 :-)

I use a TimerService at the moment.

-Martin

2010/3/8 Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>

> Hi,
>
> In the latest 3.1.3-SNAPSHOT, we upgraded ActiveMQ to the 5.3.0.
> Actually, the API changed a bit between 4.1.x and 5.x but i don't think API
> changed between 5.3.0 and 5.4 !
>
> Another way could be to use the TimerService feature available in OpenEJB
> or
> the Quartz integration.
>
> Hope it helps.
> Jean-Louis
>

> Martin Elkjær wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using the embedded ActiveMQ server to send jms messages, but now I
> > have
> > a requirement to send scheduled messages. I've found this in the ActiveMQ
> > documentation:
> > http://activemq.apache.org/delay-and-schedule-message-delivery.html
> >
> > This tells me that I need version 5.4, but the version shipped with
> > OpenEJB
> > 3.1.2 is only 4.1.1 - correct ?
> >
> > So how can I achieve it ? I prefer to use the embedded version if
> > possible...
> >
> > Best regards
> > Martin

Venlig hilsen