Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Kenneth Vanvik Hansen <kv...@online.no> on 2010/03/23 12:50:54 UTC

remote user database

Java.sql.recoverableexception: the network adapter could not establish the
connection

My setup works when connecting to my local oracle database but not when
trying to connect to a remote one. Any ideas on what might be the problem?
Never tried connecting to a remote db with jdbc before so don't know if I
might have missed something.

Kenneth

Re: remote user database

Posted by Sai Pullabhotla <sa...@jmethods.com>.
Can you post the JDBC URL you are trying to connect to? Most probably
the issue is with resolving host name of the Oracle server. If you
used the host name on the JDBC URL, try switching it to the IP address
of the system and see if you will have any better luck.

Regards,
Sai Pullabhotla