Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jim Pinkham <pi...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/02 21:23:04 UTC

Inmethod grid with more edit controls

I'm just getting started with inmethod grid and loving what it does so far.

Now I'd like some to use other input controls such as checkbox, radiobutton,
datepicker, or ChoiceList.

I see EditablePropertyColumn has newCellPanel I could override to return
Panels with various input component types in edit mode.

Before I embark on this, does anyone have other ideas about how to approach
this?

Panels could benefit from the way TextFieldPanel puts feedback into title,
which suggests to me a new class such as AbstractEditablePropertyColumn
where this could be moved.  I also notice that CheckBoxColumn has the
concern of being a row-selector that could be separated into
RowSelectingCheckBoxColumn, for example (leaving the name CheckBoxColumn
available as the obvious choice for editing any boolean column).

I also like the idea of the light-weight propertycolumn (currently newCell
just puts value into response) to use these same corresponding panels in
disabled mode - maybe for radio and checkbox render the corresponding
control markup as disabled (display-only) to retain the light-weightness but
also have a richer display.

I know that's a lot to ask, but it seems a reasonable target to aim for...
Thoughts?

Thanks,
-- Jim.