Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Matt Adams <ma...@radicaldynamic.com> on 2011/01/30 08:47:50 UTC

Instructions available for Android port of CouchDB

Folks:

Complete instructions for installing the Android port of CouchDB from
source have been put up at
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Android

This build works nicely with the couch-android-launcher that Dale Harvey
has been working on.

There are two problems with the build that these instructions produce.
Firstly and most importantly the couchjs binary segfaults when it runs
with main.js.  I suspect that this is a result of ABI incompatibility
with the version of Spidermonkey that is used.

It is also possible that it is the result of a bug introduced by way of
using two versions of the NDK.  I will try and simplify the instructions
to use just one NDK since using both is stupid.

The second problem is that couchjs refuses to build against a static
version of Spidermonkey.  This is probably an issue with the way that
couchjs is being linked.

At any rate, I hope these instructions prove useful to others.  If
anyone has a chance, I would appreciate help resolving the above issues
so that this can be turned into a build that works properly (and passes
all of its tests!).

Cheers,

Matt
--