Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by David Hofmann <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2004/08/21 21:19:59 UTC

Error on Apache::Request install

I'm attempting to install: JOESUF/libapreq2-2.03_04-dev.tar.gz

I have Apache 2 and Mod Perl 2 already install though someone else installed
them for me.

./configure: line 1: apxs: command not found
./configure: line 1: apxs: command not found
./configure: line 1: apxs: command not found
./configure: line 1: apxs: command not found
build/version_check.pl failed: no version_string found in ''.
configure: error: Bad apache2 version

I did a find ont he system for apxs and couldn't find anything named that.

I checked the Apache version to make sure the right one was install,
Apache/2.0.50 is list when I do version on Apache.

Any idea what's up and how I can located this apxs stuff?

OS is Fedora Core 2.

David

Re: Error on Apache::Request install [mp2]

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@taperfriendlymusic.org>.
> I have Apache 2 and Mod Perl 2 already install though someone else
installed
> them for me.

> Any idea what's up and how I can located this apxs stuff?

They didn't install httpd-devel which contains apxs, hence it is not being
found by libapreq2.

Install the httpd-devel rpm via up2date or yum.  Or install apache from
source with './configure --enable-so'.  Then read this:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/intro/start_fast.html#Installation

After you've read that and installed the latest (1.99_15) mod_perl2 start
over with libapreq2.  All you need to do is type 'perl Makefile.PL', then
'make; make test; make install'.  Report any test failures to the libapreq
list.

HTH,

Fred