Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sayoke Shome <sa...@TechMahindra.com> on 2007/01/05 06:34:53 UTC

GenericEntityException on ftl

Hi,

I am getting GenericEntityException on Ftl pages some times if the
server is slow (When server response is fast, then it is not coming).
Actually getComponentProduct(int listIndex) of ConfigOption is throwing
this Exception. From the stack trace it does not seem to be a "could not
find relation " or "relation is not of type one or one-non fk" type.

Can you tell me what other exceptions may come under these circumstances
and for which.

More than this I want to know how to show user friendly message when
these type rare Exception comes on Ftl page. Is there any mechanism to
show some message to user to press refresh or log on later to avoid this
temporary problem (on the fly) ?

Thanks and regards,

Sayoke Shome | eCommerce Framework Developer | India

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

Re: GenericEntityException on ftl

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
On Jan 4, 2007, at 10:34 PM, Sayoke Shome wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting GenericEntityException on Ftl pages some times if the
> server is slow (When server response is fast, then it is not
> coming). Actually getComponentProduct(int listIndex) of
> ConfigOption is throwing this Exception. From the stack trace it
> does not seem to be a “could not find relation ” or “relation is
> not of type one or one-non fk” type.
>
> Can you tell me what other exceptions may come under these
> circumstances and for which.
As much as I hate to say it, I'm not sure any of us can help without
more information, like the stack trace or at least well chosen
selection from the original caused by exception that caused this, or
at least the message you're getting in the top level exception.
>  More than this I want to know how to show user friendly message
> when these type rare Exception comes on Ftl page. Is there any
> mechanism to show some message to user to press refresh or log on
> later to avoid this temporary problem (on the fly) ?
In this case you have a Java file, that if I remember right based on
some inside knowledge of what I'm guessing you're working on, is very
highly customized for your app. The thing to do is catch the
exception in your Java code, and then based on whatever analysis of
that exception your code can do and what your requirements are for
the user message, translate from one to the other and carry on to the
groovy end.

-David