Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> on 2004/06/15 15:55:47 UTC

[Ilkka Poutanen] XML::Xerces build error message

Hi,

ran across http://www.mail-archive.com/xerces-p-dev@xml.apache.org/msg01132.html
while having the same problem (albeit with Xerces-C 2.5.0) and, while it is a
months-old message, couldn't resist pointing out that the thing that confused
myself and probably him too was this:

1. "> You are attempt to build XML::Xerces-2.3.0 using Xerces-C-2.4.0,"
   "> this will most likely fail, so I am aborting."

2. "> You must use Xerces-C-2.4.0"
                          ^^^^^^^

Those mutually contradicting statements led me to believe the problem was
something more sinister than the obvious version mismatch. Anyway, at least I
think that you *could* in fact make your error message more clear :-)

--
Ilkka Poutanen <il...@tut.fi>
"Who reigns within himself, and rules

Re: [Ilkka Poutanen] XML::Xerces build error message

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
jason@openinformatics.com (Jason E. Stewart) writes:

> From: Ilkka Poutanen <il...@tut.fi>
> Subject: XML::Xerces build error message
> To: "" <ja...@users.sourceforge.net>
> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:24:36 +0300
>
> Hi,
>
> ran across http://www.mail-archive.com/xerces-p-dev@xml.apache.org/msg01132.html
> while having the same problem (albeit with Xerces-C 2.5.0) and, while it is a
> months-old message, couldn't resist pointing out that the thing that confused
> myself and probably him too was this:
>
> 1. "> You are attempt to build XML::Xerces-2.3.0 using Xerces-C-2.4.0,"
>    "> this will most likely fail, so I am aborting."
>
> 2. "> You must use Xerces-C-2.4.0"
>                           ^^^^^^^
>
> Those mutually contradicting statements led me to believe the problem was
> something more sinister than the obvious version mismatch. Anyway, at least I
> think that you *could* in fact make your error message more clear :-)

Hi Ilkka,

Yes, this error was previously reported, and is fixed in the
development version. But I haven't released a version fixing it.

Cheers,
jas.