Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mo...@asu.edu on 2002/09/16 19:21:00 UTC

Install JSSE?

The ssl_howto.html page on the tomcat website states that in order
for tomcat to process https requests, I have to download and install the
Java Secure sockets extension, however the JSSE page on
www.java.sun.com/products/jsse
states that jsse is packaged with the jdk 1.4, which is what I am running.
I would think that would mean that I don't need to install the JSSE after
all, but when I try to access my tomcat pages over a https connection,
tomcat throws an exception stating that there was an error loading the
SSL implementation.  Does that mean I need to install JSSE after all, and
if so, is there anything special I need to do to get it to work with
Tomcat on a Red-hat Server?

--Monte Glenn Gardner

Re: Install JSSE?

Posted by Giorgio Ponza <gi...@opla.it>.
I tried both the configurations (i mean JDK 1.3.1_03 + JSSE and JDK 1.4.0
alone) and both work.
If u follow exactly the ssl_howto, i dont think u can have problems.
Remember you need to change the port 8443 to 443 if u want your server be
visible in the net with the SSL enabled.
If u need help, ask.

Giorgio

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>