Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/01 01:35:54 UTC

Re: Serialized pages location on the disk ?

The problem is that the DiskPageStore doesn't work really for clustering
So you can save it to 1 place, but when a failover happens that file can't
be picked up
by another server. (or matej has to have fixed this in the last few days)

Also we have a pool of open file channels to the file per server. And i
don't think
that you can have 2 read/write open channels by different servers to the
same file.

So just keeping the DiskPageStore locally is i think a good idea.

johan

Posted by "C. Bergström" <cb...@netsyncro.com>.
On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 01:35 +0100, Johan Compagner wrote:
> The problem is that the DiskPageStore doesn't work really for clustering
> So you can save it to 1 place, but when a failover happens that file can't
> be picked up
> by another server. (or matej has to have fixed this in the last few days)
>
> Also we have a pool of open file channels to the file per server. And i
> don't think
> that you can have 2 read/write open channels by different servers to the
> same file.
>
> So just keeping the DiskPageStore locally is i think a good idea.

Well. the really quick and cheap way to get around this. (for a 2 node
cluster)

DRBD

http://www.drbd.org/

You want to scale out past that and the changes required become a bit
more interesting.

Thanks everyone for a great event..

./C