Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kevin Yeung <ke...@pacific.net.hk> on 2002/09/18 04:43:24 UTC

Long table cell text gets outside cell

Hi all

I am having troubles with long strings and table cells.

I have a 10-column table and one of the columns displays the primary key
of a product. The PK is a very long string without spaces or breaks. The
string overflows to the neighbouring cells and therefore becomes
unreadable. Another column, printed with a long description, is nicely
stretched vertically to accommodate because there are spaces between
words.

When constructing this table, I did not set column width and each column
has each width. What I would like to see is that the PK gets wrapped to
the next line within the column.

Now:
---------+----------+----------
|1)  PK-10237-AJD873H-d87CJC e|
|--------+----------+----------

Desired:
---------+----------+----------
|1)      |PK-10237-A|e        |
|        |JD873H-d87|         |
|        |CJC       |         |
---------+----------+----------

Thanks

Re: ?Bug in width calculation?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
m.schaeffler@gmx.de wrote:
> I am trying to solve a problem wich could well be connected with some width
> calculation. Could you please point me to the bug your quoting?

The problem is that all Unicode spaces which don't have
a glyph in the selected font (i.e. none other than &#x20)
get the with of "#" assigned if the "#" character has
a glyph in the font.
All other unmapped characters also get the "#" width,
or the width of the character which happens to have
to code 0x23, but usually this doesn't matter because
you'll see the wrong character in the PDF.

J.Pietschmann

?Bug in width calculation?

Posted by m....@gmx.de.

--
Thanks a lot!

Markus Schäffler

Re: Long table cell text gets outside cell

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.