Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Ames <gr...@remulak.net> on 2001/11/03 01:51:42 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES

"Roy T. Fielding" wrote:

> If you are going to bump the tag, why not bump it for ssl-std.conf too?

Mainly because I didn't test it.  If someone else is willing to vouch
for it and we think it needs to be in 2.0.27, I'll do it.

Greg

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> I need to double check that it works out of the box, but ++1 on concept
> for adding it to 2.0.27.

Verified.  It'd be nice if the apachectl patch to get "apachectl startssl"
working went in with it since the default config uses that IfDefine
thingy, but I'm +1 on the config inclusion with or without the apachectl
patch.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Greg Ames wrote:

> Mainly because I didn't test it.  If someone else is willing to vouch
> for it and we think it needs to be in 2.0.27, I'll do it.

Correct SSL configure is a must to get it to work right with all browsers
(see the modssl-users list for all the headaches people have had getting
it to work with broken browsers (read: IE) by trying to configure it
themselves).  The default config Ralf has provided takes care of these
problems.