Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au> on 2003/09/22 14:55:14 UTC

Broken links

With absolute links the spider doesn't attempt to verify the external
links.  With relative links it will create a missing page page.

It is possible to use a relative link and not have forrest generate a
missing page link?  Sometimes I want to be able to refer to pages outside
the project using relative links rather than absolute links.

Regards,

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au

Re: Broken links

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 10:55:14PM +1000, Glen Stampoultzis wrote:

> With absolute links the spider doesn't attempt to verify the external
> links.  With relative links it will create a missing page page.
>
> It is possible to use a relative link and not have forrest generate a
> missing page link?  Sometimes I want to be able to refer to pages outside
> the project using relative links rather than absolute links.

In 0.5 it can be done by creating a custom
src/documentation/conf/cli.xconf file, listing paths to ignore:

http://xml.apache.org/forrest/faq.html#ignoring_javadocs

--Jeff