Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/12/20 08:57:20 UTC

Odoo Vs Apache OFBiz

Hello User community,

Anyone in the community has first-hand information on differences between
Odoo and Apache OFBiz.

Please share your experiences and differences you have observed in both the
product.

Thanks
--
Divesh Dutta

Re: Odoo Vs Apache OFBiz

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Divesh,

I guess you already tried something like https://www.google.fr/search?q=Odoo+Vs+Apache+OFBiz&ie=UTF-8 :)

See how they compare to us but not the reverse (at least that's what Google says)

The obvious ones to me are

Licenses: Oddo LGPL, OFBiz ASL2

Odoo is (partially[1]) open source but driven by a company, OFBiz is not only open source but also backed by an open community with Apache® guarantee

Languages: Odoo mostly Python and js, OFBiz mostly Java, XML, Groovy and Freemarker

According to feedbacks (and I tend to agree) Oddo has a better UI, OFBIz is more powerful (no surprises here ;))

Odoo is updated on OPenHub, not OFBiz (that's kinda a joke, but really why?)

I wonder how they compare when it comes to plugins. I have read and heard sometimes that Odoo plugins base is a spaghetti mess, I but that's maybe FUD
because I really don't know

BTW, hilarious FUD here about Oracle killing Java here: https://www.odoo.com/fr_FR/groups/community-59/community-19128829 :D

HTH

Jacques
[1] now has also closed source for Entreprise part. See what happens to credulous people:
https://www.odoo.com/fr_FR/groups/community-59/community-19135624?mode=thread

Re: Odoo Vs Apache OFBiz

Posted by Bahaa Alamood <ba...@arcdigitalsolutionsandconsultancy.com>.
All,

Having used both Odoo and Ofbiz, I can tell you that one of the major
reasons we have switched from Odoo to Ofbiz is the process of upgrading
the software version as there is no built in process for upgrading from
one version to another in Odoo. You would have to purchase such service
from Odoo (quite expensive) to get that upgrade and keep your data.
Quite the opposite in Ofbiz as you. can move from one version to the
newer one in very simple way and almost transparent to the user.

--
Bahaaldin Al-amood
Managing Director

Arc Digital Solutions and Consultancy
www.arcdsc.com

This message contains information that may be confidential
and privileged to Arc digital Solutions and Consultancy, its partners, or customers.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. Unless you are the
addressee (or authorized to receive mail for the addressee),
you should not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message
or any information contained in this message. If you have
received this message in error, please so advise the sender
by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your
cooperation.

Re: Odoo Vs Apache OFBiz

Posted by Rajesh Mallah <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Divesh  ,