Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de> on 2011/03/01 17:03:26 UTC

Making 'exe / dotnet-executable' executable from target.

Hi again,

I'm in a rush as you see. Writing a tutorial for a geman magazine...
But "sadly", tomorrow I'm with my customer again - not yet using npanday.

When building a executable, by default it is not executable from target.
Maybe we should copy the dependencies?

In the tutorial im doing this, now:

<plugin>

<version>2.2</version>

<executions>

<execution>

<id>copy-dependencies</id>

<phase>package</phase>

<goals>

<goal>copy-dependencies</goal>

</goals>

<configuration>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}</outputDirectory>

<stripVersion>true</stripVersion>

</configuration>

</execution>

</executions>

</plugin>

What do you think?

- Lars

Re: Making 'exe / dotnet-executable' executable from target.

Posted by Josimpson Ocaba <jo...@g2ix.net>.
----- "Lars Corneliussen" <me...@lcorneliussen.de> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I'm in a rush as you see. Writing a tutorial for a geman magazine...
> But "sadly", tomorrow I'm with my customer again - not yet using
> npanday.
>
> When building a executable, by default it is not executable from
> target.
> Maybe we should copy the dependencies?
>
> In the tutorial im doing this, now:
>
> <plugin>

> <artifactId>maven-dependency-plugin</artifactId>
>
> <version>2.2</version>
>
> <executions>
>
> <execution>
>
> <id>copy-dependencies</id>
>
> <phase>package</phase>
>
> <goals>
>
> <goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
>
> </goals>
>
> <configuration>
>
> <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}</outputDirectory>
>
> <stripVersion>true</stripVersion>
>
> </configuration>
>
> </execution>
>
> </executions>
>
> </plugin>
>

> What do you think?

+1 on this Lars, I also encountered this on a demo run on one of our conventions here, it was a while back. I'll create an issue for this and schedule it for 2.0