Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/28 23:35:58 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache log4php 2.1.0 (RC2)

Dear all,

It is my pleasure to announce the second release candidate for Apache
log4php 2.1.0.

Since we are short of PMC members at the log4php project, I would
appreciate if other PMCs would join in so that we may pass this vote.

Fixes compared to RC1:
 * included build.xml in source packages
 * fixed version number in title of api docs

Significant changes in this release include:
 * a new logging level: trace
 * a new appender: MongoDB (thanks to Vladimir Gorej)
 * a plethora of bugfixes and other code improvements
 * most of the site docs have been rewritten to make log4php more
accessible to users

Apache log4php 2.1.0 RC2 is available for review here:
 * http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4php/2.1.0/RC2/

The tag for this release is available here:
 * http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4php/tags/apache-log4php-2.1.0/

The site for this version can be found at:
  * http://people.apache.org/~ihabunek/apache-log4php-2.1.0-RC2/site/

According to the process, please vote with:
[ ] +1 Yes go ahead and release the artifacts
[ ] -1 No, because...

Best regards,
Ivan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache log4php 2.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> It is my pleasure to announce the second release candidate for Apache
> log4php 2.1.0.
>
> Since we are short of PMC members at the log4php project, I would
> appreciate if other PMCs would join in so that we may pass this vote.
>
> Fixes compared to RC1:
>  * included build.xml in source packages
>  * fixed version number in title of api docs
>
> Significant changes in this release include:
>  * a new logging level: trace
>  * a new appender: MongoDB (thanks to Vladimir Gorej)
>  * a plethora of bugfixes and other code improvements
>  * most of the site docs have been rewritten to make log4php more
> accessible to users
>
> Apache log4php 2.1.0 RC2 is available for review here:
>  * http://people.apache.org/builds/logging/log4php/2.1.0/RC2/
>
> The tag for this release is available here:
>  * http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/logging/log4php/tags/apache-log4php-2.1.0/
>
> The site for this version can be found at:
>  * http://people.apache.org/~ihabunek/apache-log4php-2.1.0-RC2/site/
>
> According to the process, please vote with:
> [ X ] +1 Yes go ahead and release the artifacts

I'm not a PHP expert, but I want to help out, so I played with it a
bit.  Didn't see anything wrong.  Not exactly exhaustive testing, but
looks fine.

Yoav

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache log4php 2.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.
On 29.6.2011. 1:44, Scott Deboy wrote:
 > Wandering through the site, the download links still show 'incubating'..

Oh, totaly forgot to increment the version number on the site. D'oh. :)

Is this a blocker in your opinion or is it ok to fix immediately after
the release?

 > Will report more if I find them..

Thanks for your help!

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ivan,

Wandering through the site, the download links still show 'incubating'..

Will report more if I find them..

Scott

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
I'm not going to be able to check anything this weekend.  I'm all in favor of a successful release, but I can't vote without checking.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache log4php 2.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
Nice work guys, +1

Scott

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [RESULT] Release Apache log4php 2.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ivan!

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ivan!

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.
I will use my new powers as the latest Logging project PMC member and
cast my vote.

Here's my +1

If anybody else would like to vote, please say so. Otherwise this vote
will be closed tomorrow, since it has been open since Jun 28th.

Regards,
Ivan

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache log4php 2.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache log4php 2.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de