Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2003/05/02 02:23:31 UTC

Re: Portlet links in one column to populate a portlet in a differ ent column.

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 02:53  PM, Tara.Gilley@cexp.com wrote:

> Thanks David,  ... one more question...
>
> I have a set of tabs along the top.  And under each tab pane I need a
> three
> column template: portlet/pane/portlet.  (25%, 50%, 25%)  The simple
> portlets
> in the left & right portlet columns need to use the $forward tool to
> dynamically load the pane in the middle.
>
> I'm confident the Jetspeed Customizer does not allow me to create a
> three
> column template (portlet/pane/portlet).  Besides using the customizer,
> is
> there a different place I can create this layout?

The customizer does support (portlet/pane/portlet), but the default
Menu Control will not support having the menu on both sides.
You can write your own menu control that puts its menu on both sides,
so then you basically have a column template of (pane), where pane
contains all the portlets with a menu decorator on both sides.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software