Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com> on 2012/10/11 07:39:38 UTC

[DOC] About Defect CLOUDSTACK-302 (CLVM Support, RBD Support for KVM)

Hello Community,

I am working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-302.

The following features should go to the RN. I am not sure who is the contact point.

Cluster Logical VM support reappeared for KVM
RBD support for KVM

Please reach out to me if you are responsible for these features.

-Radhika

Re: [DOC] About Defect CLOUDSTACK-302 (CLVM Support, RBD Support for KVM)

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
Hello,

On 10/11/2012 08:05 AM, Radhika Puthiyetath wrote:
> Hello Wido,
>
> Could you please help me understand the feature/ share some pointers so that I can add information on RBD support to the Release Notes?

Sure! I'd like to point you to my personal blog first:
http://blog.widodh.nl/2012/09/ceph-distributed-storage-with-cloudstack/

When you want to run you need a KVM hypervisor with:
- libvirt >= 0.10.1
- Qemu with RBD enabled

I recommend a Ubuntu 12.04.1 hypervisor with the Debian packages from
the Ceph website: http://eu.ceph.com/docs/master/install/debian/

libvirt will have to be compiled by hand for now, since 0.10.1 hasn't
been packaged yet.

Other then Qemu and libvirt it should work out of the box with 4.0

Wido

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.
Hello Wido,

Re:Re: [DOC] About Defect CLOUDSTACK-302 (CLVM Support, RBD Support for KVM)

Posted by coudstacks <cl...@163.com>.
1.
lack of rbd documents.
anyone could give a step by step setup. cloudstack,qemu,libvirt,distro version.....
2.
which distro is preferable for cloudstack. i use centos6.2,but i have to build qemu,libvirt  from source code ,update many software version to support rbd.

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.
Thank you Marcus.

I was going through the RedHat documentation to understand CLVM (https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Logical_Volume_Manager_Administration/LVM_Cluster_Overview.html)

Your description has more details.

Regards
-Radhika

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.