Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gunnar Eketrapp <gu...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/16 11:06:50 UTC

Pattern for nested layout componets ...

Hi!

I just realized that I need to split my web app in separate areas each with
their own layout/border component but I would like a common layout/border
component to wrap all pages.

How is this best done?

Any examples?

Thanks in advance!
Gunnar Eketrapp

Re: Pattern for nested layout componets ...

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
Just wrap all the individual layout/border components inside a global layout/border component:

Global layout:

<something>
<t:body/>
</something>

area layout:

<t:globalLayout>
<t:body/>
</t:globalLayout>

page in area:

<t:areaLayout>
</t:areaLayout>

I have never encountered such a usecase, but that should work...

HTH,

Uli