Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/31 02:25:38 UTC

serialize SolrInputDocument to java.io.File and back again?

I want to store a SolrInputDocument to the filesystem until it can be sent
to the solr server via the solrj client.

I will be using a quartz job to periodically query a table that contains a
listing of SolrInputDocuments stored as java.io.File that need to be
processed.

Thanks for your time.

Re: serialize SolrInputDocument to java.io.File and back again?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I want to store a SolrInputDocument to the filesystem until it can be sent
: to the solr server via the solrj client.

out of curiosity: why? ... what is the anticipated delay that leads you to
the expectation that there will be an "until it can be sent to the solr
server" situation?

-Hoss

Re: serialize SolrInputDocument to java.io.File and back again?

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
what serialization would you wish to use?

you can use java serialization or solrj helps you serialize it as xml
or javabin format
(org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.JavaBinUpdateRequestCodec)

Noble Paul | Systems Architect| AOL | http://aol.com